So, you are planning to install new kitchen cabinets? You need to make sure that you are choosing something that comes with great quality. For a piece that is so frequently used in the kitchen, no one can make decisions just on the basis of the look of the product.
Before buying one, you need to know how different cabinets have been built and if they are suitable for your kitchen. Often, homeowners are confused about RTA cabinets wholesale and pre-assembled cabinets. So, we are going to take a look at the difference between the two to know which is the best choice for your kitchen.
RTA kitchen cabinets are flat-packed and shipped without being assembled. Buyers have to assemble them after it has been delivered. The complexity of its assembly is based on how complex the design is. Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of these cabinets.
- You can buy all parts separately for saving cost.
- RTA cabinets are more affordable than their assembled counterparts as the cost of assembling is not included by the seller.
- When you buy RTA cabinets, you get them from a mass-produced collection. Thus, the shipping time is significantly less if you are shopping over the internet.
- Assembling the kitchen cabinets all by yourself ensures design flexibility. You can take off a kitchen shelf to get more standing space, adjust the kitchen cabinet as per the kitchen layout and do more with it.
- In a majority of cases, the assembling process is very basic and does not actually require any experience with hardware.
- In case assembling is too complicated, you might have to take the help of a professional. The money you spend hiring them adds to the total cost.
- When you buy the best RTA kitchen cabinets, you will have to assemble them on-site. Even if you are too good at following instructions, you might end up doing something wrong.
- There might be too many options available in terms of style and design when it comes to RTA cabinets.
- Even the best quality RTA cabinets will have too many moving pieces for one kitchen cabinet- a lot of which are going to be smaller items that you can lose very easily.
Pre-assembled cabinets are just the opposite of RTA. These are delivered completely functional. Let’s check out some of its pros and cons.
- Designs of pre-assembled cabinets are more complex and abundant.
- No assembling effort is needed and installation can be done immediately.
- Since no assembling is required, they are safe from accidental damages that might stem from the inexperience of assemblers.
- Customization is an incredible feature of these cabinets. you can find different measurements of the same products based on your needs.
- Pre-assembled cabinets are assembled at the manufacturing that needs expertise and ends up raising the price of the product.
- As these cabinets are not shipped in flat boxes, they can be expensive to ship across the world that can increase the total cost of the product. Nevertheless, this is only applicable to kitchen cabinets that are shipped overseas.
- Pre-assembled kitchen cabinets are at times manufactured after a company receives an order based on some instructions.
- Pre-assembled cabinets are custom-made following specific instructions once an order is received. While they offer a tailored solution, this manufacturing process can lead to extended shipping times. For those with time constraints, Ready-to-Assemble (RTA) cabinets present a more favourable option.
The choice between RTA cabinets and pre-assembled cabinets largely depends on your budget and the time you are ready to dedicate to the installation process. In case you have to be frugal, go for RTA cabinets. They come in the same quality at much more affordable prices in comparison to pre-assembled cabinets.