A media snippet accompanying this announcement is available by clicking the impression or link under:
TORONTO and HONG KONG, May well 26, 2022 (Globe NEWSWIRE) — This summer, bask in the warm glow of Hong Kong’s stunning arts and culture scene – wherever you are in the environment. Riding on the staging of intercontinental artwork and cultural gatherings, the Hong Kong Tourism Board (HKTB) is launching an ‘Arts in Hong Kong’ marketing campaign to showcase to a international viewers the city’s incredible and enduring attraction as an arts and cultural hub. The marketing campaign aims to increase Hong Kong’s intercontinental profile even more, featuring in-depth group arts and cultural tours and interactive artwork tech activities to inspire the regional community and site visitors alike to rediscover the city from a cultural point of view.
HKTB Govt Director Mr. Dane Cheng claimed: “In-depth journey experiences have grow to be a important world craze, and arts and lifestyle are a vital driver of this craze. The Hong Kong Tourism Board has arranged an ‘Art Month’ marketing for the past 9 several years when intercontinental gatherings ended up held in city to deliver city-large art vibes. As effectively as the staging of substantial-scale occasions, new environment-class art landmarks such as M+ and the Hong Kong Palace Museum are also opening their doors, boosting Hong Kong’s allure as an arts and cultural travel destination. As the city’s arts scene turns into richer than at any time, the HKTB will make ‘Arts in Hong Kong’ a 12 months-round advertising system to increase awareness of the city’s constantly-on, assorted expertise of arts and lifestyle, and build Hong Kong as an East-fulfills-West centre for global cultural trade.”
Supporting Intercontinental Gatherings and Advertising Hong Kong Lifestyle to the Globe
‘Arts in Hong Kong’ is getting rolled out in Might with worldwide functions, such as Artwork Basel Hong Kong and French May, together with a series of special neighbourhood tasks headlining a series of promotions to exhibit that substantial-scale art and cultural activities have returned to Hong Kong. The campaign will also type element of the HKTB’s present ‘Hong Kong Summer months Treats’ marketing that encourages inhabitants to take a look at Hong Kong from new views.
The HKTB is working intently with the organizers of global arts occasions staged in Hong Kong to raise their reach and impression. It has teamed up with Art Basel Hong Kong to host on the web excursions, for occasion, and has invited Hong Kong artists to carry an explosion of color to the streets by displaying their inspirational performs on the city’s iconic trams.
The integration of arts and engineering is a quickly-escalating pattern, and the HKTB is stepping up its use of engineering to endorse artwork events and cultural landmarks. It has generated a movie to encourage the interactive digital fact expertise of French May’s highlighted programme Intraverse, and is supporting the promotion of the relocating impression do the job The Shape of Light – a joint presentation by Art Basel and M+ – as nicely as the Hong Kong Museum of Art’s outside artwork installation, Resonance-In-Sight.
A few Surprises from ‘Arts in Neighbourhoods’
As properly as its programme of big cultural events, the HKTB is launching a vary of promotions to encourage people to rediscover hidden gems of society in neighbourhoods throughout Hong Kong, and practical experience the city’s thrilling atmosphere as an arts and cultural hub.
Shock 1: Road exploration of 5 cultural themes
- Wander via Outdated Town Central, Sham Shui Po and West Kowloon and examine more than 20 cultural discovery very hot places less than 5 big themes.
- The HKTB has developed an interactive map with arts and cultural guides for each individual very hot location. The map contains fascinating anecdotes, like the thriller at the rear of the embroidery of Chinese wedding ceremony robe tailor Koon Nam Wah Bridal.
Shock 2: Find arts with an avatar
- A browser-primarily based app has been designed that makes it possible for site visitors to develop a personalized avatar with their personal cultural passions to enrich their neighbourhood encounters in a hybrid natural environment.
- A few means to roam with your avatar:
- Go to three selected sizzling places in individual for a exclusive AR interactive working experience.
- Examine out Hong Kong Neighbourhoods’ incredibly hot spots and get snapshots.
- Choose inventive selfies with your avatar, anyplace, anytime
Shock 3: Local community artwork exhibition delivers a journey by West Kowloon
- The HKTB and the College of Hong Kong’s Department of Cultural and Resourceful Arts are hosting a group art exhibition titled ‘Journey to West Kowloon’ in June at the Artwork Pavilion in the West Kowloon Cultural District. Extra than 650 principal and secondary university college students and college pupil artists have been invited to create 250 West Kowloon-themed artwork pieces, which includes 12 highlighted operates by the department’s pupils.
Marketing Hong Kong to a worldwide viewers
In Canada and other overseas source marketplaces, the HKTB is arranging Hong Kong-themed arts gatherings in new formats, inviting Hong Kong Tremendous Followers energetic in the arts and cultural scene to showcase arts situations and elevate the city’s profile in the intercontinental arts scene.
- Digital excursions with 1,000+ members globally:
- The HKTB is arranging a array of arts-themed on the web excursions for about 1,000 abroad media reps, Hong Kong Super Fans, trade members and other stakeholders to endorse arts and cultural sights, like M+, the Hong Kong Palace Museum, the Tung Nam Lou Artwork Lodge, Biu Kee Mahjong, and embroidered footwear store Sindart.
- The HKTB is teaming up with Artwork Basel Hong Kong to organize on-line viewing tours showcasing Hong Kong’s abundant arts and cultural scene, focusing on Mainland, and abroad media in the Better Bay Place marketplaces, Hong Kong Super Enthusiasts, and the travel trade.
- Hong Kong-themed artwork recreated abroad:
- The HKTB is functioning with Hong Kong Super Fan and German artist Alexandra Unrein to host a two-working day out of doors graffiti workshop at the Museum of Urban and Up to date Art in Munich.
- In partnership with a France-based mostly Hong Kong Tremendous Enthusiast, the HKTB is organizing a transcontinental Instagram contest. Winners will obtain a West Kowloon portray by a French road mural artist Elsa Jean de Dieu living in Hong Kong
- Road murals are being designed with Hong Kong themes in Australia, with QR codes redirecting visitors to DiscoverHongKong.com
Come across out a lot more about ‘Arts in Hong Kong’:
Members of the media can obtain the pictures and movies below:
HKTB Arts in Hong Kong Assets
Extra information and facts about the international gatherings, Arts in Neighbourhoods, and actuality sheets can be downloaded in this article.
For media inquiries, please speak to:
Tel: 416 366-2389 ext 206
E-mail: [email protected]
Pics accompanying this announcement are obtainable at: